Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 31: Free, Free & Easy

Left the hostel later in the day with Houngsheng, Yuchuan, Diyanah, Jiali, Sheila, and Eliza for 江汉路 to do some more shopping. Taking a taxi there to "buy time" was quite a good suggestion, as we reached in barely 25 minutes.
Before shopping, we tried another Chinese fast food restaurant, Dicos, which actually seemed more international than Pala.
After lunch at Dicos, our next stop was at MetersBonwe, where instead of guys waiting for girls to try on clothes, it was a complete reversal! Here's Houngsheng and I trying on one of the many pairs of jeans.
Pardon the socks and store-provided slippers. In the end Yuchuan and Houngsheng both bought a new pair of jeans, and I bought a 'leather' jacket for ¥449. AAARRGGGHHH!!! Heart pain, wallet cry. But anyway, it looked good on me, so thats that.
After walking down the entire stretch in the hot sun, yes it finally stopped raining right when I bought a rain and wind appropriate jacket, we went to Starbucks to cool down and chill. And then we did more shopping inside the mega-departmental store 王府井(Wangfujing) before going to the basement of the shopping center for dinner at the Korean BBQ.
Finally, I have been to all the places everyone else has gone to and raved about. Indeed this Korean BBQ is worth a try, and I also got to try Ddeobokki, or spicy rice cake, which is a type of Korean food I frequently see on TV.

Reflection:
I am truly grateful to have so many opinions with my when I go shopping, because I made the right choice, although not necessarily at the right price. Since we do not have many days left here in Wuhan, we must treasure whatever time we have left, and make the most of it, whether it is by shopping, or just enjoying and making memories with new and old friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment